- Player Eligibility:
ALL players MUST complete Athletic Department Packet to be cleared to play.
Packet Information and forms may be found at http://www.samohi.smmusd.org/Athletics/eligibility.html
Please complete packets by the end of September. Any issues with meeting the deadline, please contact Head Coach Paul Spacey.
- You are a student first and must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall.
- Anyone below the minimum GPA requirement may not practice or play (at discretion of coach), will be assigned study hall and may be dropped from the class.
- Students and parents are responsible for being aware of grades posted by the school.
- Grade for Soccer Class:
- Every six (6) weeks players will be given a grade based solely on their attendance and attitude towards teammates and coaches.
- Missing practices or games without a valid reason is unacceptable.
- Students (not parents) are responsible for communication with their coach. If a student is going to be absent the student should email, call or meet with their coach prior to missing a practice or game. Absences will affect a student's grade and playing time unless they are excused by the coach.
- Since students often miss their 5th period class for away games, it is important that the student communicate with the teacher ahead of time that the class will be missed.
- District school bus transportation is normally provided to and from soccer away games during soccer season except for the December tournaments.
- All students and parents are expected to abide by the district's transportation policy to and from soccer activities (i.e. practices, games and tournaments). The policy includes that students NOT drive other students and that parents complete the district requirements to be a volunteer driver before transporting students other than their own.
- Parents must sign the Extracurricular Athletic Practice Transportation Form for students to participate in off-campus practice if the school does not provide transportation. Soccer practice is often at John Adams Middle School fields and school does not provide transportation.